Application Process for Marin Preparatory School:
Marin Preparatory School
117 Diamond Street
San Francisco, CA 94114
- Download the appropriate Common Evaluation Form (student evaluation form) and have your current school fill it out: apply to TK, Kindergarten & 1st Grade or applying to Grade 2-8.
Common Evaluation Form & Application Deadline: January 13, 2017
- Register for a group tour and open house.
- Come meet us. Once we receive your application, parents/guardians will be invited to chat with the Director of Admission and students will take part in a play date (grades TK/K) or student visit (grades 1-8) during which they will participate in a variety of developmental and age appropriate group activities. We will also invite to you Parent/Guardian Socials (evening cocktail parties and afternoon teas in private homes) and grade level informational evenings so you can meet members of our community and learn more about our school!
- Students applying to grades 2-8 need to submit an official transcript (report card, grades and test scores, if necessary). Please sign and submit the Transcript Release Form to your current school. The school must send the signed Transcript Release Form along with the appropriate documents directly to the Marin Prep Admission Office.
- Students applying to grade 6 & 7 will take the Independent School Entrance Exam (ISEE) on Saturday, January 7, 2017. MPS is a test site; you can register to take the test at our campus or elsewhere. Applicants must register for the exam directly with ERB (please note space fills quickly). If you would like further information about the exam and what to expect click HERE to access the Family Resource section of ISEE’s websites.
- Apply for financial assistance (if desired): Financial Aid Application and Financial Aid Schedule. Financial Aid Deadline: January 13, 2017
To apply for TK* or K for the 2016-17 school year, please see age requirements below.
- Transitional Kindergarten: Student must be age 5 by 10/31/17
- Kindergarten: Student must be age 5 by 7/15/17
Important Dates and Deadlines:
- MPS Admissions Application: Due January 13, 2017
- MPS Financial Aid Application: Due January 13, 2017
- TK Admissions Letters: Emailed March 8, 2017
- K Admissions Letters: Emailed March 16, 2017
- TK Acceptance Contracts: Due March 14, 2017 at 10AM
- K Acceptance Contracts: Due March 23, 2017 at 10AM
*Please note: placement into our TK and Kindergarten programs is based on both a developmental assessment and information from the applicant’s family and preschool. We also do take the applicant’s date of birth into consideration when making admissions decisions. Please contact us directly with any additional questions.
Marin Preparatory School (MPS) is a dynamic, co-educational experience for children in Transitional Kindergarten/Kindergarten through Grade 8. We offer a cross-cultural learning environment that fosters high standards of academic excellence in a Spanish-infused setting. MPS is committed to building and sustaining a strong sense of community among students, faculty, and parents as well as graduate joyful, life-long learners who are proficient in Spanish language and culture. As such, MPS takes pride in its diverse and inclusive community and does not discriminate based on race, color, ancestry, national/ethnic origin, religion, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or disability in its administration of educational policies, admission policies, financial assistance, athletic, and other school programs.