The Parent Advisory Committee (the “PAC”) promotes a strong sense of community at Marin Preparatory School by facilitating parent cooperation, involvement, and fundraising. The PAC consists of five parent volunteers that serve as executive officers for a one-year term. The PAC meets regularly with the Head of School to discuss the School’s mission, specific needs, and events as well as to decide how the PAC can best support the School.
To promote community and support the School’s mission, the PAC partners with and contributes to the School in the following ways:
- Coordinates the efforts of the School’s volunteer committees
- Supports extracurricular activities, including field trips and parent educational seminars
- Coordinates non-academic communication
- Leads all fundraising campaigns
- Organizes, plans and executes special events
- Supports the admissions process for incoming students and families
- Works alongside the faculty as a community representative of the School
Each academic year, the PAC holds parent community meetings during which it receives input and seeks assistance to plan events and to better meet the needs of the School.