It’s time again for our annual auction!
Each year, this exciting event moves us toward our fundraising goals by auctioning coveted donated items to bidders within our Marin Prep community. Past year’s items have included hotel and restaurant gift certificates, gift baskets, wines, autographed sports memorabilia, and more.
All families are asked to contribute at least one item. Think about things you’d like to bid on, then go out and talk to friends and local businesses about items and services (a weekend at a vacation home; dinner at a restaurant) they’d be willing to donate. And start early – the more time you have, the more likely you’ll be able to come up with items that will generate top bids.
Marin Prep Auction Item Donor Form: Please complete and send in donated item by March 3, 2017.
Official Donation Letter: With school logo + signatures + tax ID.
Questions? Please contact a committee member or send us an email.
You never know until you ask. And everybody’s a potential resource.
Think about friends, neighbors, colleagues and local stores. Consider personal relationships with local businesses (such relationships have the highest rate of success). Talk to owners and managers while making purchases or dining out. Don’t be shy – ask right then and there.
The most important thing: the only way to get a donation is to ask. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.
Think creatively about auction items. Use your imagination. Consider all the possibilities. Think about what you’d like to win. Consider merchandise, services, and experiences.
- Vacation Homes and Travel: Timeshares and Condos, Cruises, Airline Miles, Ski Trips and Lift Tickets; Spas and weekend getaways in Napa, Sonoma, Tahoe; trips to Hawaii, NYC, and Mexico
- Celebrities: Do you know a famous person actor, musician, writer, newscaster, athlete, or politicians? Arrange for lunch or dinner; offer a day on the set of a show or film. Bidders love sports memorabilia and anything autographed.
- Tickets: Seats at sporting events are big sellers; consider also ACT, symphony, ballet, opera, concerts, local events, or backstage passes
- Wine: A bottle of wine; a case; limited production bottles, tasting packages and events; private wine tours
- Art: Behind-the-scenes at artists’ studios, private docent tours for exhibitions at local museums, art classes, tickets to performances
- Gift Certificates: Restaurants (from your local pizzeria to five-star establishments), clothing stores, sport and summer camps, venues (e.g., Planet Granite, House of Air, etc.), book stores, services
- Membership/Passes: California Academy of Sciences, SFMOMA, de Young Museum, Asian Art Museum, Contemporary Jewish Museum, SF Zoo
- Outings: Sailing on the bay, private tugboat ride, windsurfing lessons, hikes, children’s day outings, hot air balloon or glider rides, helicopter and seaplane tours, Private plane rides, boat rides, ”Day on the Bay”, Jeremiah O’Brien tours, Fleet Week
- Artisan and Specialty Items: Works of art, jewelry, a year of floral arrangements, portrait painting or sketches, birthday cakes
- Sports Equipment: Camping, golf, tennis, exercise
- Electronics: Cameras, computers, software, games, printers
- Lessons: swim, golf, tennis, karate, music, computer, dance, surfing, language, one-on-one coaching
- Health & Beauty: personal trainers, massages, manicures, pedicures, facials, hair design and color
Some of our most popular and bestselling items have been group-oriented parties and events:
- Margarita party for 30 adults
- Beach bonfire for 30 adults and kids
- Mani-Pedi for 10 adults
- Cookie decorating for 16 kids
- Sports Outings: A day of golf, baseball, football, soccer, basketball, or a tailgate party at the Big Game
- Theme Dinners: Murder Mystery dinner, Crawfish boil, tapas and sangria, Oscars, Outdoor movie night for kids, birthday party, BBQ, or Luau.